Comments to Profiles
Short, concise description of the idea
I would like people to be able to make comments directly to my profile.
Full description of the idea
At present, if someone reads my profile and wants to point out a typo/ask a question/request friending/whatever, that person would have to access one of my posts (or comments in someone else's journal) to do so or I would have to make my e-mail address public.
- Users could comment on a profile more easily and in a more relevant place instead of in some random post or comment elsewhere in LiveJournal.
- Users could view a profile for reference while commenting on it.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- The usual: Development effort.
- The other usual: Some people won't want it.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Simply tack the code for making comments to the bottom of the profile page. ("Simply" is being used for humor value. I suspect that it's more difficult than that.)