User activity status
Short, concise description of the idea
Display "last logged in" status on userinfo page.
Full description of the idea
There are many lurkers in LiveJournal, who use LJ to read others' accounts but don't post themselves, and it's sometimes hard to tell if a person is still active as an LJ user or if the account is essentially dormant. Having a "last logged in" date (even if it's just MMM-YY) would be useful.
- Makes it easier to differentiate between active and inactive accounts
- Could help the LJ team keep a more accurate tally of actual users
- Also helpful in checking the activity of a moderated community
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Might be considered a privacy issue (though many other sites already have this feature)
- Additional strain on the server
- Not everyone will find it useful
- Some people might want the ability to hide it
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- A good place for this item would be under the birthdate in the userinfo page.
- Make it default to ON, but if preferred could be switched OFF.