Purchase gifts for multiple users at once
Short, concise description of the idea
When selecting a gift from the livejournal store, allow the entry of more than one username; add the same gift for each user to the cart.
Full description of the idea
Currently, to purchase a livejournal gift for someone you need to select the gift which opens a new page and then enter the username which opens the shopping cart page. To buy another gift you have to do the same thing again. There are seasonal gift-giving times when I'd like to buy a round of gifts for a bunch of people -- I traditionally give paid accounts to a couple dozen people over New Year's, for example, and I'd like to give vgifts to many friends at once for things like Valentine's Day. (This suggestion is in fact prompted by a desire to buy a number of people the new Rosie the Riveter vgift and a disinclination to spend twenty minutes clicking around to do it.*)
* Yes, I'm aware that it's taking me longer than that to make this suggestion!
- Encourages people to buy more gifts.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Makes the shopping pages a little trickier.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- On the select a gift page, add a button after the existing username to show more username text fields.
- Perhaps allow a different comment for each username, for vgifts.
- Using the same delivery date and anonymous checkbox for all usernames entered at once should be fine, I'd think.