Pick n'Choose Your Plus or Paid Account Extras
Short, concise description of the idea
Making the "extras" that come with a Plus or Paid account more specific to the individual users needs by letting them select from the various "extras bundles" or packages.
Full description of the idea
Currently a Plus account offers the following:
5 voice posts
3 text notifications
However, I find I never use my text notifications or my voice posts. but I really wish I could get more userpics. I'm proposing that when a user signs up for a Plus or Paid account these extras are given to us as selectable AND/OR option bundles.
For example I could choose to take the current extras: 5 voice posts, 15 user pics and 3 text notifications
OR I could select: 20 userpics and 3 text notifications but no voice posts.
OR: 20 userpics and 5 voice posts but no text notifications.
OR: 25 user pics and nothing else
OR: 10 voice posts, no text notifications, and 15 user pics
The idea being to get each package to "even out" but at the same time letting the user decide upon their preferred extras.
- Allows users to take full advantage of the extras offered with the Plus and Paid accounts.
- May attract more people to these accounts.
- Makes an account even more personalized to the needs of its user.
- Paid users shouldn't feel like they're paying for features they're not using.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Deciding on nice even packages or bundles might be tough (ie how many voice posts 3 text notifcations are worth, or how many userpics 5 voice posts are worth)
- There would have to be some kind of system or rules about changing the selected extras package, for some users who would inevitably recant on their inital selection or, those who have made an error when selecting.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- I don't know anything about how this would technically be implemented.