Copy Friends Groups
Short, concise description of the idea
Create a new friends group by copying an existing one.
Full description of the idea
As above. This is a feature which will, I think, interest people who use their filters as reading lists more than those who use their filters for entry security.
- Ease of splitting an existing friends group into two or more smaller ones.
- Ease of creating a "these people plus or minus one" group.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- The journals in the copied group will not have access to entries locked to the original group (assuming they are removed from the original group), which may cause confusion.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- UI: Add a Copy button on the Edit Custom Friends Groups page, usable when an existing friends group is selected.
- Action: Pop up a prompt for the new group name as the Rename does (default to "Copy of [original group name]", perhaps), create a new friends group with that name and the public setting of the original friends group, and prepopulate the new group with the same list of journals as the original group had.