Please let new users know comments may be emailed!
Short, concise description of the idea
Prevent numerous emailings of minor edits, etc.
Full description of the idea
Gently let New Users know that comments they post may be emailed, right then, to the journal owner, and that every time they edit it another email is sent - and that posting, then deleting, doesn't mean the journal owner still won't know what you posted. Mention the handy preview button!
- Keep some of us from being embarrassed by sending numerous rewrites (I worked as an editor, I rarely use only a "first draft").
- Keep us aware that posting a comment is equivalent to hitting "send" on an email.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- You may have this already.
- You may think it is intuitively obvious to users who fill out their settings for comments (not if we don't get comments that often). I'm fairly bright but I didn't catch this.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Personally, I think that an email or a required reading page for all new users detailing some basic issues of LJ etiquette would be helpful, including talking about comments. Even those of us who are not flamers sometimes post something and then think better of it - but we won't if we know it's "permanent"!