protect status change from unknown users
Short, concise description of the idea
To protect Basic status to be change by paying by unknown users.
Full description of the idea
The paid status oblige to make extra efforts to keep a journal paid. It's OK when done by an owner and/or with his knowledge. It's not OK when my status is changed without owner's knowledge. If done, it could be retracted and downgraded.
See Request #703478 to Support.
Currently it isn't possible to do this. If you'd like to make a suggestion that this be added, please visit http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/profile for information on how to do that.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.
- More time to sleep.
- Less time to check own status.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Wealthy users (p.e. user alex-lebedev, an russian oligarch and a duma deputee) very suspicious about changes in their profiles, esp. with paid status, without their consent. They like to protect and control their environment.
- Paying for someone without his/her consent can be recognized as an extortion.
- Say, you have an personal income about 3000 usd daily. Your time is worth 30 USD per 15 minutes of your time. Checking your status and clarifying why it's changed , by who and how, cost more than the paid status done by the journal owner.
- Idea of "halyava" is not tolerable in a wealthy society.
- Ask your bankers what happens when you receive a payment from an unknown party, without supporting papers. You can get nailed by a gov agencies (say, terrorism funding/money laundering).
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- 1. To offer an user a checkmark "accept payment from unknown party/user".
- 1. To offer an user to downgrade and/or protect his journal status, so paying for such an user by a third/unknown party should be declined or put on LJ staff as donation.