Multi-Community Post Selection
Short, concise description of the idea
The ability to select more than one community from the drop down list when selecting which communities to post an entry to.
Full description of the idea
Being a member of several communities of similar interest I frequently post the same entry to more than one community in a row. To do this I'm required to make the post to one community, then make the post again to the next community, and then again...you get the picture.
I'm proposing that the drop down menu of communities/journals the user can post an entry to, have the ctrl-click option to select more than one at a time, so the same post will be sent to multiple communities/journals.
I'd like to think one could still edit the post in seperately in communities, AFTER being mass-posted as though each had been a seperate post, ie:
I mass post to community1 and community2.
Later, I select edit entries, and choose to edit the entry in community1 (by typing in the community name on the edit entry page) and the entry in community2 remains as it did when mass-posted.
A mass edit feature would also be handy, but that's way more than my original idea intended.
- + elminiates the hassle of seperately posting the same entry to more than one community.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- + this may mean the posts in different communities could NOT be edited seperately -- that would suck.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Not being much of a programmer I'm not sure what it would take to implement this aside from turning the journal/community drop down menu to a multi-selection drop down menu.
- Another way of doing this could be that seperate communities to be posted to are typed in (like tags) and seperated by commas.
- I just think it would be handy for those big posts that i send to more than one community in a row.