Complete Invisibility of Friends Lists
Short, concise description of the idea
Allow the user the option to not only opt to keep their own friends list and friends of list private, but also remain invisible on other friends lists as well to help thwart those who are stalking.
Full description of the idea
I have been stalked and have had to change journals MULTIPLE times only to find out that my stalker was getting my name through my friends from the previous journal. Everytime I would delete a journal and start a new one, my friends would add me and the stalker would find the new name and catch on.
I propose that we find a way to not only allow a person to choose not to have their friends user names appear on their profile but that you can also check a box that even when added to another users list, they automatically are invisible to anyone but that user.
I believe this would help considerably in cyberstalking through peoples journals and then through friends journals as well.
- Lessen the abilities of Stalkers and Harrasment
- Keeps others safe from a Stalker when the original person deletes their journal.
- Prevents further issues of privacy being breached
- Shows how much LJ cares about the safety of their users.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- I know nothing about how this type of stuff is done, but Im sure there would be some time involved in setting it up.
- I honestly dont forsee anything that would be bad about this idea other than the effort that may have to be put into making it happen.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Place a checkbox similar to the one you use for opting out of search engines on the profile page.