Customisable nudge feature
Short, concise description of the idea
Allow people to customise the message sent when nudging another user.
Full description of the idea
Instead of sending an automated nudge message, allow users to customise the message to make it more personal and friendly
- 1. Removes patronising tone from original message.
- 2. Allows mutual friends to contact other mutual friends who do not display their email addresses in their profile.
- 3. Makes nudging a more friendly rather than intrusive activity.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- 1. Could lead to abuse.
- 2. If people wanted to be emailed they would put their email address in their profile.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- 1. The sending of lj gifts such as bunches of flowers already allows the sending of personalised messages - surely the coding for this could be relatively easily transferred to the 'nudge' feature.