SMS Payment Option
Short, concise description of the idea
Allow users to upgrade by paying through sending a textmessage.
Full description of the idea
At the moment there are 7 options for payment when upgrading for a paid account but most of them includes dealing with banks or owning a credit card (unless it's with cash but as it is, it isn't the safest option).
I have seen many paid subscription around that allows members to pay by sending an a simple textmessage/sms by using their mobile phone and it is a very easy and simple procedure when paying as more people are then able to pay without needing to use credit cards and such. For instance, they just click on upgrading, a special code comes up, they send the code to a specific number and the total cost is being paid.
- - A more subtle and simple way of payment options.
- - More members being able to upgrade.
- - Quick.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- - Extra phone fee for members due to sending sms (although this could be left for the member to accept)
- Internet/Phone provider support
- Technical matters.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- I'm not really sure on how to get it going since I don't know much about phones, payments and such but there has to be a way to make it so that by sending an special sms, extra fee is taken and sent to an account.