Add &nc=xx to poll "View Answers" link
Short, concise description of the idea
Add an additional parameter to the "View Answers" link of polls which refers to the number of votes cast.
Full description of the idea
Add an additional parameter to the "View Answers" link of polls which refers to the number of votes cast, just like the &nc=xx parameter on the link for reading comments. This will enable the link to show in a different color if there are more votes than the last time you clicked (assuming, of course, that the stylesheets show visited links in different colors), so you can more easily tell at a glance if there are more votes to look at. (It wouldn't have to be "nc", of course. "nv" might be more accurate, but I don't care much.)
Of course, this could be optional, just like the comment &nc=xx thing is. Or it could be hinged to the same userprop as that one.
- You can more easily tell if there are more votes on a poll than when you last looked.
- No adverse impact to users. Users who wouldn't benefit from this suggestion will probably not notice any change.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Depending on how it's implemented, it might be One More User Option, and some people feel that there are already too many.
- Perhaps it's an extra server hit to count the poll votes everywhere a poll is displayed?
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Change the poll link from http://www.livejournal.com/poll/?id=000000&qid=1&mode=ans to http://www.livejournal.com/poll/?id=000000&qid=1&mode=ans&nv=xx, or similar, where the "xx" is the number of votes on that particular poll question. This could be done on all poll questions, or it could be done sometimes and not others based on a user-specified parameter (either the same parameter that triggers the similar change on comment links, or a new parameter).