Short, concise description of the idea
When buying a paid account or add-on gifts for somebody else as a gift there is currently no option to leave them a message.I suggest that this would be a nice idea if you could send a message with your gift
Full description of the idea
When somebody buys you a paid account you get an e-mail from livejournal saying [name of user] gave you a paid account. I think it would be nice and handy if in this e-mail it also gave the receiver a message from the giver.
When buying gifts for somebody I would like to tell them why I bought it for them (for example: "happy birthday", "thanks for being a great friend" or even just a "have fun with your new account!" anything at all really) I think giving a message with the gift should be optional though. If you don't want to send a message with the gift then you could just leave it blank and no message would be sent from you.
- -Promotes giving paid time as a better gift option when you can also receive it almost like a little virtual card
- -It would make receiving paid time seem more personal and special if you get a nice message from your friend in it.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- -I don't know how much effort it would take on the technical side of things. So they may or may not by a factor.
- -Some people may abuse the system to write unwanted messages but I think this would be rare as I can think of lots of ways to insult somebody where you don't have to spend money on giving them a gift at the same time
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- When buying the account as a gift have an optional text box to send a message as well, similar as how you do when buying virtual gifts. With the e-mail letting the user know they have got more paid time, have the message there for them to read.