Add tags to userpics
Short, concise description of the idea
Adding Tags to userpics, creating a system of organization that will allow users to sort userpics by subject or genre.
Full description of the idea
Organizational system that would allow users to create tags (catagories) for userpics, with the added benefit of searching for a specific userpic via tag while updating journal.
The extra option in the "edit userpic" section will allow you to organize your userpics by tag. It will also help while trying to decide on a userpic that adequately describes an emotion or situation without having to rifle through them all.
- Quicker updating as there is no need to browse through userpics.
- Neat and orderly listing of userpics.
- Connection to tags could allow friends and user to view similar userpics and connected entries.
- Adventageous to those who commonly feel torn between userpics while updating.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- multiple tags on a userpic may show that have nothing to do with what you're posting.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- I would imagine that it wouldn't be difficult to add the same technology surrounding tags to the "update userpics" page. But I don't know the technical stuff, I leave that to the talented staff at LiveJournal.