Short, concise description of the idea
I'd like to be able to include information on the current weather with my posts, like the little icons that appear if you download a weather toolbar or box.
Full description of the idea
I came across a site that offers an imbed of the weather for blogs, primarily used (I think) on MySpace...but they do not seem to work on LJ. (Wouldn't with my layout, anyway.) If they can do it, I'm sure LJ can figure out a way to make this a feature.
For reference, or if anyone is curious, accuweather has such a feature for use, but I couldn't get it to work on my page. It is here: http://netwx.accuweather.com/index.asp?partner=forecastfox&traveler=0 It would be better if it was a feature programmed right into LJ anyway. :)
It would be nice if I could include in my entry that today's weather is -4C (25F) and partly cloudy, and so on. I'd like to know what weather my friends are enduring, since they are all over the world, and I'd like to be able to look back at my entries of last year and see if it's really true, that this year is far warmer than last.
- Know what the weather is like where your friends are.
- Be able to show what the weather is like where YOU are.
- Be able to look back at previous entries and see weather patterns/changes over the years.
- Good for gardeners and outdoorsy folks.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Takes up space.
- Might add slightly to page loading time.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- I have no idea. I'm not a programmer.