text messaging enhancement - quiet time
Short, concise description of the idea
Right now I enjoy having text message notifications sent to my phone, however most of them I could do without during my sleep.
Full description of the idea
First, and foremost I think the ability to have a quiet time that either delays or blocks text messages entirely would be beneficial.
Second, this feature could add text messaging groups. For example one group might have priority to always send. While another is regular comment notification and the sleep period applies.
- Text messaging becomes less disruptive to normal life.
- Text messaging becomes more useful, I disabled it due to not wanting to get the messages waking me up.
- More flexibility for text messages.
- Increased usage of text messaging and potentially lj revenue.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Developer time.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- The configuration page for text message settings will need to be updated.
- There will need to be additional conditional logic to decide if the quiet time is being observered and thus the message should not be sent.
- Additional rules for delaying sending of the message if this method is taken.
- Additional rules for grouping of text message settings if this method is desired.