Short, concise description of the idea
Allow user to mass-edit entry status of set number of entries.
Full description of the idea
When editing entries, using the most recent entries list (default is 20 entries), allow some simple status editing from the entries list rather than requiring each entry to be edited separately.
I envision a set of drop-down menus beneath the "edit this entry" button for the following:
1. Show this entry to:
2. Allow Comments?:
At the end of the editable entries list, provide a link/button to mass-update the changes to the entries.
- Time-saver for those who do not need to edit text, just status.
- Users will be able to select a number of previously private entries and make them public or available to friends/friends-groups without having to go to the text-editing screen for each entry.
- Users will be able to turn on comment screening easily if they release previously private entries en masse to the public.
- If comments were disabled because the entry was public, the comments can easily be re-instated if the user changes the entries to friends-only.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- The suggestion may not be easy to implement: I'm not knowledgeable about the data retrieval options used by LiveJournal to allow entries to be edited from the "Edit Journal Entries" list, nor do I know what is involved with displaying the menus available on the page used for editing an individual entry on the "Edit Journal Entries" list.
- The suggestion may seem redundant to those who don't mind manually changing status by hand (or to those who never change the status of entries).
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Return drop-down menus available when editing individual entries on the entry list page, for mass changes to those values.
- Provide Update Entries button on list page.