Include userpic keywords and comments in userpic notifications
Short, concise description of the idea
Notifications in the "Message Center" and in e-mail do not include the keywords and comments that are visible on a user's userpic page. They should.
Full description of the idea
I'm talking about "allpics.bml", where all a user's userpics, keywords and comments are visible to all users.
- Many LJ users use different userpics for different topics, and indicate which in their keywords and comments, but it's necessary to ("manually") browse to a user's "allpics.bml" page to find the context a user means such a userpic for -- this would no longer be necessary.
- Many LJ users "share" their copyrighted userpics, with the condition that any user "credit" the author in their userpic comment. This information would now show up in userpic notifications.
- Userpic notification would contain somewhat more content, and so be a less silly feature. :-)
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- None I can think of. This is all public data, and is retrieved every time someone opens a user's "allpics.bml", so it shouldn't place an onerous load on the servers.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- I really can't imagine any difficulties w/ this.