Transfer Of User Pic Allocation From Communities To Personal Journals
Short, concise description of the idea
Allow Community Owners to transfer some or all of the user pics allocated to the community to their own LJ allocation.
Full description of the idea
The majority of the user pic allocation to Communities goes to waste, and this can be a significant number for paid LJ Communities. For example, I own three LJ Communities, one paid, the other two basic accounts. I only use one user pic, per Community, thus the rest of my icon allocation goes to waste. Hence it would seem logical to allow Community Owners to transfer the Community allowance to their own personal LJ.
- User pics are always popular, and people often seem to want more. Allowing the transfer of what is basically unused user pics would make the customers happy.
- Because of the popularity of user pics, Community Owners are likely to be prepared to pay for a LJ Community and even buy more user pics. Thus, LJ would receive more money.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- If there is more than one Community Owner, it might cause problems deciding who has the extra pics.
- Requires additional coding to allow for the transfer.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- An additional field on the Community Management page allowing the Owner to select how many user pics are to be transferred to their personal account.