Friends relationship change digest
Short, concise description of the idea
Replace or expand "Notify me when someone adds me as a friend" to a digest of all relationship changes over the past day.
Full description of the idea
Presently, the LJ message system has an option to allow for a message to be sent when someone marks you as a friend. However, there exists no option to send a message when someone REMOVES you as a friend. Similarly, things such as community membership aren't updated in the message center, nor are any changes initiated by you to your friend relationships (just for people who like to keep track).
Thus, I suggest either expanding the relationship-tracking options in the message center to include defriending and events initiated by you, or combining everything into a once-a-day (if there are any changes that day) digests of all changes (similar to Semagic, last I used it).
- Much easier to track changes to friend relationships (for those who track that sort of thing).
- Some OSes do not have LJ clients that do this already, making this considerably more convenient for them.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Possible drama issues (as nearly anything involving a friend list seems to generate)?
- Some clients already do this, making this redundant for them.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Add more options to the Message Center's configuration.
- Alternatively, replace the current option with a full digest option.