get comment email for own anonymouse comments
Short, concise description of the idea
When you're logged in and choose to post a comment anonymously, be able to get the email (paid accounts).
Full description of the idea
When you're logged in, you still have the option of commenting anonymously. Sometimes people post quizzes, memers, or games that require people to comment anonymously (for example, variations of "I'll guess who you are" games, or confession memes).
Paid users can elect to receive comment notification emails of all of their own comments. But, they do not get the email when they post an anonymous comment. Allow them to.
- People who like getting emailed copies of the things they write, wouldn't give up that feature when participating in games/memes that call for anonymous comments.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- If not properly labelled, this could confuse paid users who comment anonymously and receive an email. Since they're not used to receiving emails, it might make them fear that their comment wasn't really anonymous.
- Possible solutions include adding text to the "anonymous" option on comment pages, and adding text to the email that makes it clear the comment was anonymous.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- I assume the current comment email system is independent of the user interface for posting comments, so if a comment is posted anonymously, the information about who to email it to is not available. If a user comments anonymously from the web interface while logged in, there would need to be a way to pass their identity on to whatever code emails the comments.
- No changes to the user interface are needed. People can already elect to receive or not receive these emails, so I don't think it needs to be made an optional feature.