Scrapbook: copying titles, tags & descriptions with galleries
Short, concise description of the idea
When a user copies a gallery from another user, the titles, tags, and descriptions should be copied as well, if the user desires
Full description of the idea
The original user has spent a lot of time tagging, entitling, and describing each photo. All this information is lost when copying a gallery from the user. Since there are no such things as "linked" galleries, this copy feature is the only way for 2 or more users to work together on a gallery. If this info is lost, it must be recopied every time.
The copying user should be able to choose which data should be imported. The gallery owner should be able to choose what data they allow to be copied. The gallery owner would have 3 checkboxes (titles, description, tags) in the gallery management page. The default should be all 3.
- User making copy can make use of the data put in by the original gallery owner.
- Makes it possible for 2 users to transfer a gallery back and forth, thus making it a crude "common workspace."
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- The user making the copy may have a different set of tags and wouldn't want the new tags brought in. This is addressed by the option of not bringing the tags in (only the titles & descriptions). It can be further improved by allowing the user to map the tags to a new set, but this would be complex.
- This process may be confusing to some users.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Addition of 3 checkboxes under the "allow copies" dropdown in the manage gallery page. This should disappear if copying is not allowed.
- On the Gallery Page, under "Gallery copy options", add 3 checkboxes for what data should be transfered.
- After the transfer, optionally list what data was _not_ transfered because of the options (checkboxes) chosen by the gallery owner.