Notifications for support events
Short, concise description of the idea
Enable support volunteers to subscribe to support events such as 'a screened response I submitted was approved' or 'a request I touched changed state to green/yellow/red', both for individual requests and in general.
Full description of the idea
Sometimes, it would be nice to know when an answer was approved on a specific request; there's currently no way to do so without bookmarking the request and checking every so often (or leaving a nonsense IC so that it'll show up in your youreplied filter).
Also, it might be nice to know when support requests you've touched regreen, without needing to check your youreplied. Or when support requests you've answered are closed. Or when a support request you've answered has an approvable answer, so you can see whether it's yours or if not, what the approvable answer said.
It would be nice if this were possible with the standard subscription mechanism.
Oh, and another thing would be 'notify me whenever a request appears in X category'; existing notifications do this for new requests in a category but not for requests that get moved into a category, and in any event, it might be nice to have these merged under one notification system.
- Lets support volunteers be notified through Message Center or by e-mail in addition to youreplied
- Faster feedback
- Lets you monitor 'interesting' requests for change of state automatically
- Possibly fewer incidences of nonsense ICs that just put requests on youreplied filters
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Increased volume of e-mail LiveJournal sends out
- Increased processing time since LiveJournal has to check for hooks on each support touch, to see whether anyone wants to be notified of that event
- Redundancy e.g. in support notifications (old-style vs Message Center)
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Integrate notification hooks into the support mechanism, e.g. at /support/append_request.bml and /support/submit.bml.