Allow Specifying Number when calling "http://www.livejournal.com/tools/recent_comments.bml"
Short, concise description of the idea
Currently when you use "http://www.livejournal.com/tools/recent_comments.bml", it:
- displays 'Last 50 comments posted in xxx'
- displays 'Last 50 comments xxx has posted.'
I would find it very useful if I could specify the number displayed for both of these instead of always having them set to 50 each.
Full description of the idea
I would suggest limiting both parameters to a reasonable integer value (e.g., 0-200). I believe "0" would be a useful value because sometimes I just want to see one listing or the other but not both.
- Provides more control to user.
- Allows for use of more or less resources (i.e., time and effort to run script) as needed (e.g., if I know it was recent I could say '10'; if was a month ago I could say '150'.
- Allows user to search further back than current 50.
- Runs faster if one is set to '0'.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- May require more system resources if much higher numbers are chosen
- Would require either an intermediate screen for parameter entry and/or parameters be specified in URL
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Make changes to code behind "http://www.livejournal.com/tools/recent_comments.bml"
- Or, allow access to the code to LJ users so we could modify it ourselves