Short, concise description of the idea
Change the term "sponsored features" to "partnered features".
Full description of the idea
"Sponsored features" implies an advertising sponsorship. These features are co-developed with other companies and give those companies credit for the co-development, thus "partnered features" is a more accurate term.
- Greater accuracy in terminology
- Better understanding of the concept among LiveJournal users.
- Less like to cause drama.
- Less likely to be confused with sponsored accounts and sponsored communities
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Constantly changing terms is confusing and goes against consistency.
- Some users might yell "ad" anyway.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Change the term in documentation, announcements, and other pages it may be being used on.