Integration of Facebook Notes Comments
Short, concise description of the idea
Facebook has a new feature that auto imports LiveJournal entries as notes. This feature would have LJ auto collect comments left on the facebook note of an entry and display it as a LJ comment
Full description of the idea
I have the Facebook Feature that auto aggregates LiveJournal entries as "Facebook Notes". On Facebook, someone has the ability to leave comments on these notes. This suggestion would give the user the option of giving LJ it's facebook email and password and then having facebook check the note comments in a similar way to the way Facebook checks LJ entries, and then place the comments from facebook as a comment on the journal from the facebook user, creating kind of a fourth category of LJ Comment (annon, LJuser, OpenID, Facebook user).
- Encourages communication between two popular communication tools
- Helps keep everyone more organized
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Could run into problems checking the facebook notes if users facebook privacy options are listed a certain way (or, LJ may have to have a kind of account that the user would have to facebook friend to get this to work)
- It means a lot of communication between the people in charge of both sites, which could become a hassle and problematic.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- I think the best way would be to have the option on the account settings page, and then when checked the user would have to fill in their FaceBook email and password. LJ would then check every certain interval (hour, day) by logging in to faebook and checking the comments to notes with the same name as LJ entries.