Message center customization
Short, concise description of the idea
Allow users to decide if they want to use the message center.
Full description of the idea
The Message Center currently allows a user to choose if he wants notifications to go to his email in addition to the message appearing his Message Center. How about a multiple choice of having notifications going to the user's email *instead of* the Message Center.
- Allows user to customize their LJ experience
- Would make checking for messages easier
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Users may want some messages to go to email, but not to the Message Center, and vice-versa. Directing *all* messages to the Message Center, for a particularly active user, effectively creates yet another mailbox for the user to maintain.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- On http://www.livejournal.com/manage/subscriptions/, remove move the check box from the left hand side and move it along side the "notification by email" box, creating a "notification to message center" box.
- Allow the "notification by email" to be selected independently of the "notification to message center" box.