'Current Location' Suggestion
Short, concise description of the idea
Enable the "Current Location" feature to link to a website other than Google Maps. Preferably something the user can choose at their discretion.
Full description of the idea
My suggestion is to allow the 'Current Location' feature the ability to be set by the user.
Ex: Say I'm a college student and I write a new post with my Current Location set as "The Library" Thus, with my idea, the link would take me to my college's webpage and not Google Maps.
- The "Current Location" feature would get more use. I've never seen it used specifically enough for a spot to be googled.
- Due to the above, the feature is hardly ever used. This suggestion has the potential to change that.
- It'd be way cool. :)
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- The new feature could be abused. An unwelcome site full of spyware or pop up ads could be entered, much to the dismay of anyone clicking on the link.
- Implementation: I can think of a couple ways of setting up the basic format of the suggestion. I do not, however, know how hard it'd be to code it into the site. It could be potentially a lot of work.
- It's not an essential feature that needs to be changed. Just another frivolous feature - not like known problems that need to be debugged.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- As I see it there are two ways this could be undertaken. The first would be to have each journal set up with a certain amount of location blurbs and corrosponding sites - sort of like a Tag.
- The second would be to have a URL box attached to the 'Current Location' - the same as adding a link to my journal post.