Changes to LJ Mobile friends page cause frustration for Sidekick users
Short, concise description of the idea
The most recent changes to the LJ Mobile friends page has removed the 'head' icon from before the poster name. This was a link to the user info area. Removing this link means that SK users (among others) now have to wade through the user's 'recent entry' page to get info on them.
Full description of the idea
It's not clear why you removed this link, as it re-uses the same head image for each friend. Please point out any discussion on this topic in the community sidekickjunkies, or glance through some of the recent entries - there's mostly surprise and irritation, though.
Can it be put back, and if not, why not?
The main reason this is a problem is that most users' front pages are very painful to wade through on a mobile device, in order to find the info link, and many users don't think about editing the URL because it's not normally displayed on a mobile.
- Restoring expected functionality
- Allowing users to reach 'info' pages without having to deal with slow, painful load times, and/or trying to edit the URL.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- The link graphic was removed, in theory, because it was causing trouble with some mobile devices, either by eating memory inefficiently storing the graphic, or just making it take marginally longer to load every link.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Is it possible to create a 'mobile' viewing style, and use the 'apply to all pages' setting only when viewing from a mobile device?
- Is it possible to create an alternate 'Mobile' page for SK users or other mobile users who do not have the limitations that caused the change in the first place?