Another option when renewing paid accounts
Short, concise description of the idea
Being able to pay for more than one year of service when attempting to renew.
Full description of the idea
Currently one may choose to renew for one year or subscribe to automatic payments. I'd like to see an option to buy multiple years worth of service at the time of renewal. For example, if I wished to renew for 3 years, I could pay for it all at once and not have to think about remembering to make register entries for 'automatic payments' or having to manually renew every year for the next three years.
- Gives people an option to purchase larger chunks of time if they want to. This is an attractive option for people who are uncomfortable with or don't want to do 'automatic payments' or who wish to secure their LJ for longer periods of time.
- Gives LJ an opportunity to see growth trends over multiple years instead of just year to year.
- People with uncertain income levels could pay for a couple of years at one time when they have the money (or someone could purchase it for them as a gift) and they'd have the peace of mind that comes from knowing the bill isn't due for another couple of years.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Possible processing issues on LJ's end--LJ would have to get used to processing larger amounts of money per renewal. (That's not really a problem, though, is it?) ;)
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- 1) LJ would have to create an additional option on the renewal page.