Enable lj-cut in Message Center
Short, concise description of the idea
Enable the lj-cut feature in the message center.
Full description of the idea
If an entry contains an lj-cut tag, the message center currently displays the whole message as though it had no lj-cut. Displaying the entry cut as it would normally appear in a journal or friends page is preferable.
- Users who don't click on image-heavy lj-cuts out of bandwidth concerns do not experience reduced functionality when using the message center.
- The text behind a lj-cut may contain spoilers, tmi, or other material only certain users want to see.
- The text in an lj-cut tag can sometimes be critical to understanding the post, and it's loss can potentially alter the meaning.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Some dislike the lj-cut feature and the message center might be seen as a preferable alternative viewing format where the lj-cut is not displayed.
- There may be technical reasons that lj-cut was not included in the message center.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Code it and put it up.