Put links to comment pages at the bottom of the page in all layouts
Short, concise description of the idea
The links to the comment pages (in other words: "Page 1 of 2. << >>") should always be available at the bottom of the page.
Full description of the idea
As it is now, in some layouts, the links to the comment pages only appear at the top of the comments section. So you read the post, read through several screens of comments, then have to scroll back up to find the link to the next page. It would be much handier to have the links right there at the bottom of the comments, as they are in most layouts.
- Consistent user interface.
- Requires less scrolling.
- If the links are always at the bottom, they are easy to get to by just hitting "End" on the keyboard.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Some people might have aesthetic reasons for preferring the links where they are.
- I'm assuming that this is something intrinsic to the layouts, and not due to user customizations. If the latter, it won't work.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Edit layouts which have the "<< >>" links at the top of the comments, so that they display the links at the bottom. This could be in addition to, or instead of, the links at the top of the comments.