Navigation strip should obey ?style=mine
Short, concise description of the idea
When viewing a page in your own style, your own preferences for the navigation strip should apply.
Full description of the idea
Current, the settings for the journal you are viewing control the navigation strip display, e.g., the strip background color, and whether or not it is shown.
Arguably, this is really part of the page style. Turning it on or off, and setting the color, for my style, should set how it displays when I'm viewing pages in my style.
- Consistency of user experience.
- Different nav strip preferences and settings no longer clash with other users styles.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Some rework required on the nav strip preference UI, and on the code that decides whether and how to display the strip.
- Some communication necessary to explain the change to users.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Change the "Always show the navigation strip to anyone who views your journal or community" setting in http://www.livejournal.com/manage/settings/ to "Add the navigation strip to my style".
- Change the code & FAQs to match.
- Announce appropriately.
Update: Apparently, that this wasn't the case from the beginning was a bug and a fix is in the works.