On Statistics page provide more analysis
Short, concise description of the idea
Correlate statistics by age, gender, and "active" status.
Full description of the idea
The Statistics page provides data about numbers of active accounts, numbers of accounts by gender, and numbers of accounts by age. However, these numbers don't really provide much useful information. The the real value of such data comes from examining correlations. It would be very interesting, for example, to see what percentage of accounts owned by 13 year olds are "active" and/or paid, as opposed to accounts owned by 30 year olds.
Note: This differs from a previously deferred suggestion to only show stats of real, active users in that the stats would include all accounts, merely showing which percentage of each gender and/or age group consists of real, active users.
- The statistics will become more interesting.
- Those who decry the perceived trend to target LJ to teens will either see the numbers that justify this trend, or the numbers that back up their protest.
- If these correlations are not already being provided in the back-office, SixApart will gain extremely valuable marketing information.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- It may provide information to competitors ("LJ is used mainly by 16-year-old girls, but it also has a surprising appeal to men in the age 25-30 demographic", etc.)
- It will make the Statistics page longer and busier.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- All the data are already being collected, they simply need to be cross-tabulated. Correlated information could be displayed in a separate table, or in a simple percentage breakdown listed by each bar of the bar graphs.