Short, concise description of the idea
Implement the ability to associate tags with an image file.
Full description of the idea
Aesthetics-wise, it would be nice to have the option of associating an image file with a tag. In my mind this can be done either by uploading them to livejournal (which likely won't be ideal) or going the 'Mood Icon' route and making the user upload to their own space. Either way, it would be nice to have small icons representing different tags and when you mouseover them have the title attribute in the html show the name of the tag.
It would be a great option for paid users, especially as far as furthering the customization of layouts goes. I don't use tags at the moment because I don't want people (read: myself) to have to stare at even more text.
- More customization ability. Which is, let's face it, a major thing that keeps people interested in livejournal.
- Tags could potentially be easier to find both spatially on the page and in relation to what other tags have been used recently.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- I have no idea what kind of coding would go in to this; so I'll just assume that there will be a problem in that respect.
- Maybe bandwidth issues? Unsure. I assume there will be a size limitation to help this, which only makes sense.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- I'm sorry I can't really say anything specific. However, like I mentioned earlier, perhaps making users use their own server is the better idea (much like the way Mood Icons are done).