Make more ScrapBook layouts viewable
Short, concise description of the idea
I think that the source of more ScrapBook layouts should be viewable to users.
Full description of the idea
It is not possible to borrow aspects of one ScrapBook layout and use them in another ScrapBook layout, or to see how certain parts of the Core layer work in the context of the layout layer. I don't see why many (about a third it seems) of the ScrapBook layouts are private where most of the LiveJournal layouts are public.
- Users who know S2 are able to give their ScrapBook styles a personal touch.
- Users are able to see how something that they like works in one layout so that they can add it to an existing layout or to their custom layout.
- Users are able to see which functions that they need to override in their style to make the customizations that they want.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Styles would no longer be private, and authors might feel that it makes them less special.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- layerinfo source_viewable = 1;