Trackback on Syndicated Feed Comments
Short, concise description of the idea
Send a trackback to the original post of a syndicated feed when a comment is posted
Full description of the idea
There are a number of sites that provide feeds or have rss/atom feeds on livejournal and are not notified when a comment has been made. Adding a trackback to the comments allows the original posting site to be notified when a comment is made.
- Notifying the original posting site when a comment is made on a feed post
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- increased outbound http traffic
- pointless for sites that don't support trackbacks
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- During comment submission post, add a trackback item to an outbound queue that is processed seperately from comment submission.
- During the polling process for the feed, also send the queued trackback items.