Maintaining Internet Freedom
Short, concise description of the idea
Put a link/banner on the frontpage advertising the Save The Internet movement-- fighting for internet free speech.
Full description of the idea
This is a request to advertise http://www.savetheinternet.com/ on the front livejournal page. There's also this link: http://www.youtube.com/v/G5RQrxkGgCM for a video.
Essentially, the website/movement is to fight privatization of internet content, which would make posting anything you wanted online difficult if it's not according to a corporation's approval.
I was thinking about posting this in communities, but wouldn't it be better if all users who log in via the front page can see why the internet and blogging is at risk?
- Livejournal users will keep their current level of freedom of speech
- Access to the site will not be slowed down
- It will not cost livejournal additional fees to keep it afloat and at a reasonable speed
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Drags livejournal into a political issue
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Just put banners, small icons or buttons linking to the SaveTheInternet website where they are noticeable. Additionally, putting a short summary of why it is an issue on the livejournal website would be useful too. People are more likely to read it then.