A way to keep scrapbook anonymous (unlinked to journal)
Short, concise description of the idea
I would like to share my scrapbook photos with a lot of people who I don't want seeing my journal, eg colleagues, family members etc. At the moment my user name is shown in the URL, so I can't. I have to create a separate page on Flickr or another service that's unlinked to LJ to show these people.
Full description of the idea
You might say I should just make my journal friends only, but like many people, I don't mind strangers reading my posts, I just don't want to introduce certain people I know to them.
- * People could share their Scrapbook with the many people they don't want on their LJ
- * Scrapbook could be the only image hosting service required for sharing pictures with LJ people and others (eg colleagues, parents)
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- * Difficulty presenting and explaining the feature to users
- * I haven't suggested the implementation method because I'm not especially technical. So someone cleverer than me will have to think of the way to do this.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- * Perhaps there could be a way to associate the same scrapbook with another username.
- * Another solution would be if there was some "anonymous view" of the scrapbook, that didn't contain any reference to my LJ name.