Skype Option for Voice Posts
Short, concise description of the idea
LJ should try to offer a Skype screenname or number users can call to make voiceposts.
Full description of the idea
The reason why I suggested this was because I'm currently teaching abroad in China and don't really have access to the voice post numbers available. I tried posting from SkypeOut and calling to a CA number, but the audio quality was terrible.
- If it could be set up properly, it's free for Skype users, so no worries about long-distance or international charges.
- Available for anyone who's got Skype, so it'll ease concerns about geographic availability.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- I have no idea if it's even possible to set up a system like this via Skype.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- I suppose that the first step is to see if the LJ techies can figure out how to do it by setting up a free Skype account and working it out from their end.
- If not, there's always Skype support forums. But good luck to that as I've read some complaints about them not getting back to users in beta-type of topics.