Create Separate "Community Email Settings" Page
Short, concise description of the idea
Create a single "Community Email Settings" page in the "Actions" section for all community email options that involve mail sent to maintainers; remove some options from Community Info and Community Management. The community email address, visibility on the Community Info page, and mangling are community-wide settings which would not be moved.
Full description of the idea
Currently, email settings for communities are spread out over multiple pages (Community Info and Community Management); instead, it would be better if there were a separate "Community Email Settings" page for each community, accessed through the "Actions" section of the Community Management page.
- Each maintainer could choose per community for mail to the community's email address, join requests for moderated membership communities, HTML mail, mail encoding, comment notifications, etc.
- Each moderator could choose per community whether they are emailed about posts in the moderation queue.
- The bottom of the new page would have a "Make Default" option for people who want to keep all their email options the same. This would prevent people from having to click too many times.
- The following community-wide settings would not be moved: the community email address, visibility on the Community Info page, and mangling.
- Easy Access to Email Settings
- Option to Set them per Community and per User
- Shorter Edit Personal Information page for communities & less vertical scrolling.
- "Make Default" option to limit unnecessary clicking
- Matches similar placement of other options on Community Management page
- Happy Community Managers
- Potential User Confusion
- Potential Horizontal Scrolling
- Developer Time for Moving and Testing Options
- Documentation & Translation Time
- Create New Page and link it from the Community Management page.
- Move options from the Edit Personal Information and Community Management page.
- Create a separate "Make Default" option to make the current page's settings default across all communities.
- Test, announce, document, translate.
- Watch out for happy community managers!