More details on 'Buy for friends' page
Short, concise description of the idea
Add a rough guide to the amount of paid time a user has left on the 'Expiring Soon' list on the 'Buy for friends' page.
Full description of the idea
At the moment my own account is listed on the 'Expiring Soon' list despite the fact that I have 5 months of paid time left. I don't define expiring soon as in 5 months. I would like to see some indication of how much paid time each user has remaining so I could better judge who needs it. Something like:
magic_beans - darn fine piece of metal [buy gift] (5 months remaining)
- It would be a lot less misleading.
- It would enable you to gift the paid time to those friends who are running out sooner and who would thus appreciate it more.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- People might see the amount of time left, agree that 5 months (or more, I haven't tested) is not soon, and suggest that the Expiring Soon list only include accounts that are expiring sooner than that.
- People might not like having how much paid time they have left displayed to their friends.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Whatever is used to determine how much paid time the user has left to see if they are suitable to go on the Expiring Soon list could be kept hold of and made to print somewhere after their name.
- The 'x time left' could be loose so as not to invade on people's privacy too much. ie. 5 months, 4, 3, 2, less than 1 month left.
- The list could even be sorted so that the friends running out the soonest appeared at the top.