Allow All Comments and Etc To Be Sent To One Email Addess in Communities
Short, concise description of the idea
An option that aAllows 2 or more maintainers to read/review/decide upon each comment, post, and lj-notification from one email address, provided that one user has created an email address that each maintainer can access.
Full description of the idea
Once one maintainer has created an email address and given out its information to the other maintainers, this option would allow all comments, lj-notifications and etc to go to one email address, instead of 2 or more.
Ex: I created a hotmail address for my cmmunity. I ten gave out that information to my other maintainer, so she now has access to it. I would now like everything about our community to go to that ONE email address.
- 1. Provides easy access to each comment, and lj notification email, to all maintainers.
2. Allows each maintainer to stop seeing his or her individual inbox cluttered with community stuff.
3. Allows the maintainers to be connected in all community decisions.
4. Allows community members to know they can send an email to ONE address and reach all maintainers, thus allowing them to feel like they are being heard and addressed.
5. Provides a more effecient use of time in responding to any one member.
6. In the occassion that the community is an Icon Community it will also provide an email address to be used at all image hosting sites.
7. It would provide one solid record of any and all activity in the community, instead of comments and notifications spread between 2 or more email addresses.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- 1. If there is an arugment between maintainers one would have to change the password of the email address, thus making one more step to disallowing that person to be a maintainer.
2. Once someone else has access to the community email address you would have to take several more steps to erase someone from being a maintainer.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- 1. Create an option when you start a community, and when you edit the community information, to have all comments and notifications go to one email address.
- 2. Make an option at the Command Console that each maintainer would have to fill out. It could look something like this:
<*lj comm="COMUNITYNAMEHERE"*>=Change Email Address=_allnotifications_="emailaddress@w
So then the _allnotifications_ command would insure that every single thing for that community would be sent to one email address, and not each individual address.
3.It is strictly an option, to make Community Management easier.