Option to 'turn off' delete/freeze
Short, concise description of the idea
Allow journal owners and community maintainers to 'turn off' the delete/freeze options.
Full description of the idea
Have (for example) a ticky-box on editinfo.bml saying (still for exmple) remove option to delete/freeze. It could be a single catch-all ticky-box, or it could be set as individual ticky-boxes (remove option to delete comments, remove option to freeze comments, remove option to delete post, remove option to edit posts (this latter suggestion for comm's only since I believe mod's and journal owners should still have the freeze/delete/edit options already available)).
- It might make people think before they post, if it's mentioned along with the "this poster has IP logging on", or whatever it is it says.
- Debate communities can stop worrying about losing extremely interesting threads just because the OP didn't like some of the things said in reply.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- People will have to learn to own their words, and there's a lot of people who don't like the idea of that.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Add a/some ticky-box/es on editinfo.bml to allow the option to be selected.
- Greys out the delete/edit/freeze buttons on an account with the ticky-box/es ticked.