Donate userpics to other users
Short, concise description of the idea
Allow users with spare userpics to grant them to other users at their discretion.
Full description of the idea
Users who are not using all of their userpics can give them to friends. An audit trail could be optional - on the recipient's allpics.bml page, "gift from [donor]" could be displayed next to icons. Or that part can be left out. Returning the icons to the original giver should be either disallowed entirely or left to the discretion of the recipient.
- Users can give something more meaningful than a virtual gift
- Users who can afford to buy extra userpics can give however many they like to their friends without having to buy a separate gift subscription with a fixed amount
- Users who cannot afford to subscribe could get more userpics from their wealthier friends
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- If returning icons is left to the recipient's discretion, could cause drama between friends
- Requires additional coding for transferring items between users
- People might type their friend's name wrong and send the userpics to the wrong person
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- A donation center (donation.bml or donatepics.bml) for users to transfer the icons
- An e-mail should be sent to the recipient's registered e-mail address notifying them of the gift (as is done now with virtual gifts)