E-mail address-based privacy customization
Short, concise description of the idea
Allow LJ users to allow create a list of "approved" readers, based on a list of e-mail addresses. Approved addresses would be able to read the posts, all others would be blocked.
Full description of the idea
Basically, I'm looking for a way to keep my child's LJ as private as possible but still allow her non-LJing grandparents to read it.
- * Increased safety for minors
- * Increased usability for parents
- * More precise customization
- * You get that sweet "promotes child literacy" marketing angle
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- * Very different architecture from existing LJ set-up
- * Would require additional memory space for each registered user (sure, it'll only be a few bytes of text...but multiply that by a zillion users...)
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- * site-wide tweaking