Additions to the virtual gift and changes to purchase method
Short, concise description of the idea
1) There should be additional items that you can buy (see list below) and 2) a person should be better able to buy multiple gifts at once without having to go back to the gift shop area and click on links all over again
Full description of the idea
1) I would like to see more items for sale as virtual gifts. Ideas might include generic 'present' icons, puppies, chicken soup (for people who are sick), baby booties (in pink, blue and white) and a big valentine heart. Possibly even a virtual 'hug' icon. C'mon it's so cheesy it's cute.
2) There should be an option to make a list of people so that you can get a bunch of your friends the same gift at once.
3) Once you have begun placing an order there should be a "continue virtual gift shopping" link which would take a person directly back to the virtual gift section. Currently, there is only a link back to the main gift shop page. As it is, I sent about 7 people various valentines and each time, I had to go back to the gift shop and then click on the virtual gifts -- a waste in terms of the time it takes to load pages. Some sort of "Add recipient to your order" feature would make sense.
4) there should be some sort of option to send one person more than one virtual gift. Suppose someone wants to send flowers and chocolate. You could add a "additional gift for this recipient" button.
- 1) wider selection of gifts. Selection is good
- 2-4) greater ease in placing large orders for multiple recipients
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- 1) none that I can think of, aside from LJ occasionally making money off of cutesy gifts.
- 2) none, aside from the fact that people might buy more stuff.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- As mentioned above. Some more icons and additional links on the various ordering pages.
- Not a programmer so I can't give specifics.