Send mobile post command summary to phone
Short, concise description of the idea
When a new user signs up for the mobile posting feature, send a list of lj posting commands to the specified email address.
Full description of the idea
When a user sets up an email address for mobile posting, show a button the user can click to send a summary of mobile posting commands to the specified address (presumably his or her phone).
The user can keep the text message itself for future reference, or copy and paste it into a note on a smart phone (Palm Treo, etc).
- It's REALLY easy to implement.
- It saves the user the hassle of doing this manually.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Running low on coffee, too tired to implement suggestion.
- Major earthquake in San Francisco, lj offices destroyed.
- Sarcastic lj user irritates lj developers. ;-)
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- You can show the syntax for posting, but it's probably best not to show the actual PIN as you do on the site.