i-mode version of LiveJournal
Short, concise description of the idea
I went to Japan, and I use an RSS reader to read journals. However, I can't see comments or reply messages with an i-mode browser, because pages appear in a cumbersome PC mode.
Full description of the idea
Create an i-mode version of blogs, so blogs would automatically switch to i-mode version if the mobile client is detected.
- - Can read & post comments from i-mode browsers, which are widely used in Japan, and now also Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Australia and Taiwan, United Kingdom, Singapore, Israel, Ireland and Russia. (Wikipedia: As of June 2005, i-mode has 45 million customers in Japan and over 5 million in the rest of the world.)
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Creating an i-mode version of comments page
- Creating an i-mode browser detection and automatic choice of skin.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Contact the Japanese who use LiveJournal, or translate the LiveJournal to Japanese and ask their opinion. (?)
- Hire a Japanese programmer (?) (Shouldn't be a big deal. In Japan i-mode is so popular that everyone knows what is i-mode, and there are other blogs that do have an i-mode.)