More LiveJournal.com/Mobile Features
Short, concise description of the idea
To allow livejournal.com/mobile/ to be as rich in choices as normal LiveJournal.
Full description of the idea
For people who have phones or Sidekicks, like me, it is great. I can now post while on a car ride or post while my wife yells at me. However, as great as this is now, it does not offer you a wide variety of choices to post with. Maybe I want to list my music as "Wife Telling Me I Need a Job" and put my mood as "Gassy". Those things were left out of the initial implementation.
Also currently when viewing friends posts in the Mobile area, you can not see the replies, even in the lynx scheme, which looks to be an HTML error of some sort.
I offer my services, including my Sidekick, to help fix and add functionality to the livejournal.com/mobile area. If you wish, I can start making a template immediately of how these changes can be added.
- More Insight to the Poster
- Saves Time Editing Later on Your Computer
- Better Sidekick/Mobile Phone Handling
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Lynx scheme not fixing the friend reply not showing problem.
- Limited choices constrict creativity.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Add more options for posting a post including userpic, mood, music and tags. Making them similar to the update.bml choices would be great as well.
- Allow to view own journal in the menu of choices.